Child Pornography Laws: A.R.S. 13-3553
In Arizona, child pornography is officially referred to as sexual exploitation of a minor. Penalties for this crime are severe, as it affects vulnerable minors.
According to A.R.S. 13-3553, a person commits sexual exploitation of a minor by knowingly:
- Recording, filming, photographing, developing, or duplicating any visual depiction in which a minor is engaged in exploitive exhibition or other sexual conduct.
- Distributing, transporting, exhibiting, receiving, selling, purchasing, electronically transmitting, possessing, or exchanging any visual depiction in which a minor is engaged in exploitive exhibition or other sexual conduct.
- Possessing, manufacturing, distributing, advertising, ordering, offering to sell, selling, or purchasing a child sex doll that uses the face, image or likeness of a real infant or minor who is under twelve years of age with the intent to replicate the physical features of the real infant or minor who is under twelve years of age.
Arizona defines a “child sex doll” as an anatomically correct doll, robot, or mannequin that has the features of an infant or child under the age of 12 and is intended to be used for sexual stimulation or gratification.
Sexual exploitation of a minor, otherwise known as child pornography, is a class 2 felony, for which first-time offenders can face incarceration of up to 12.5 years. However, if the minor child involved was under 15 years old, the offender can be punished with charges of dangerous crimes against children (DCAC). In this case, a first-time offender can be incarcerated for up to 24 years.
RIDEOUT LAW GROUP
With offices in Lake Havasu City and Scottsdale, our firm serves the entire state of Arizona, with a particular focus on criminal defense, family law, and juvenile cases.
Our goal is for the best outcome for your criminal case, which can include:
- charges that are reduced or dropped.
- top experts reviewing your case.
- aggressive negotiations with the prosecution for plea bargains.
- fines or probation in lieu of jail time.
At Rideout Law Group, our attorneys are able to expertly examine the evidence in your case to provide a strong strategy for argument that leads to an outcome that is most favorable to you. We have experience in all types of criminal cases for both adults and juveniles, with positive outcomes both in plea negotiations as well as jury trial settings.
Call us today for a free consultation at 480-584-3328.