Who to Notify After a Vehicle Accident: A.R.S. 28-666

Who to notify after a serious accident.

Notifying of a Vehicle Accident: A.R.S. 28-666

In order to prevent hit-and-run accidents, Arizona requires drivers to notify law enforcement of serious accidents they were involved in. According to A.R.S. 28-666, the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person must give notice of the accident immediately by the quickest means of communication, whether oral or written, to either:

  • The local police department if the accident occurs within a municipality.
  • The office of the county sheriff.
  • The nearest office of the highway patrol.

If the vehicle that caused the accident was a fully autonomous vehicle operating without a human driver or a neighborhood occupantless electric vehicle, the required notice may be provided by the vehicle owner or a person on behalf of the vehicle owner.



With offices in Lake Havasu City and Scottsdale, our firm serves the entire state of Arizona, with a particular focus on criminal defense, family law, and juvenile cases.

Our goal is for the best outcome for your criminal case, which can include:

  • charges that are reduced or dropped.
  • top experts reviewing your case.
  • aggressive negotiations with the prosecution for plea bargains.
  • fines or probation in lieu of jail time.

At Rideout Law Group, our attorneys are able to expertly examine the evidence in your case to provide a strong strategy for argument that leads to an outcome that is most favorable to you. We have experience in all types of criminal cases for both adults and juveniles, with positive outcomes both in plea negotiations as well as jury trial settings.

Call us today for a free consultation at 480-584-3328.


Scroll to Top
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.